Lassi is a popular and traditional yogurt based drink, originally from Indian state of Punjab. It is prepared by blending yogurt with water, salt and spices until frothy. Traditional lassi (also known as salted lassi or simply lassi) is a savory drink sometimes flavored with ground roasted cumin seeds. Sweet lassi on the other hand is blended with sugar or fruits instead of spices. Here is a lassi with mint leaves and cumin powder.
Ingredients: Serves - 2
- 1 cup – Plain yogurt / curd
- 2 1/2 tbsps - Mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp - Roasted ground cumin seeds / Cumin powder
- 1/2 cup - Chilled water
- 4 nos – Ice cubes
- Salt to taste
- Take a blender, add in yogurt, chopped mint leaves, cumin powder and required salt. Blend for few seconds.
- Add chilled water and ice cubes. Again blend till frothy. Mint lassi is ready and garnish with a sprinkle of cumin powder and finely chopped mint leaves. Serve cold.
- I used freshly ground cumin powder instead of store bought. I roasted few cumin seeds and crushed it to powder.