Pachadi / Raita prepared with gooseberry or periya nellikai or malai nellikai which has lots of health benefits. Gooseberry raita goes well with any variety rice.
- 1 cup – Yogurt / curd
- 2 or 3 nos – Gooseberry / Nellikai (chopped finely)
- 1/4 tsp – Ginger (chopped)
- 1 no – Green chillies (as needed)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Take a mixture grinder, add chopped gooseberry, ginger and green chillies, grind it to a coarse paste. Then transfer this mixture to beaten curd along with little salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given in the list for seasonings. Gooseberry raita is ready to serve.
- You can also add 2 tbsp of grated coconut while grinding gooseberry mixture.
- Do not grind gooseberry to a smooth paste.
- Increase or decrease number of green chillies as per your spice level.