Happy Mother’s Day !
Simple coriander rice is a best lunch box idea for Kids as well as adults. Coriander leaves has a lot of health benefits like antioxidants etc.
- 1 cup – Rice (boiled rice/basmati rice)
- 1 punch – Coriander leaves
- 5 nos - Sambar onion (1/2 big onion)
- 1/2 no – Tomato
- 2 clove – Garlic
- 1/4 inch – Ginger
- 2 or 3 nos – Dry red chilies
- Salt as needed
- Oil as needed
- 1 tbsp – Ghee/Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Split black gram
- 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Wash and soak rice for 30 mins. Pressure cook rice for up to 3-4 whistle (number of whistle is depend on the type of rice you are using), allow them to cool.
- Heat oil in a pan, saute coriander leaves, onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, dry red chilies along with salt until they are 3/4 done. Let it cool for few minutes. Grind this mixture to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan, season it with items given for seasoning. Add ground mixture and saute until they are well cooked.
- Now add cooked rice and mix well. Coriander rice is ready to serve.