It is a clear soup made with murungai keerai / drumstick leaves. Since murungai keerai has lot of health benefits it is good to use in our regular diet like murungai keerai poriyal, murungai keerai adai, soup like this etc. You can also mix this soup in rice like rasam and can be given to kids. My daughter liked it with rice than having it as soup.
- 1 cup – Murungai keerai / Drumstick leaves (remove from stem and wash it completely)
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 no – Tomato (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic paste
- 2 or 3 nos – Green chillies
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 2 pinches – Turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp – Oil
- 2 1/2 cups – Water (as needed)
- Heat oil in a pan, season it with cumin seeds and then add green chillies followed by ginger garlic paste.
- Add chopped onion along with required salt and then add tomato saute until mushy.
- Add turmeric powder and saute for a second. Then add washed drumstick leaves and saute for 2 mins.
- Finally add 2 1/2 cups of water and bring it to boil. Cook them until water reduce to 2 cup or until raw smell goes. Strain the broth and discard the solids. Check for salt and sprinkle little pepper powder if needed and serve hot.
- You can grind few drumstick leaves and add it to this soup after adding leaves.