I am very happy to share that my blog reached 50000 page hits today. Thanks to all my visitors, friends for their support and valuable comments.
Arachuvitta sambar powder is a spice powder mix used to make sambar. The word "Arachuvitta" is a typical Tamil word which means to grind . Literally this means spices are ground freshly and added to the tamarind dhal mixture. I tasted arachuvitta sambar at my friend’s place and I liked it so much. So I asked her the ingredients for the amazing powder. Since then I started making it often and everyone in the family loved it. Here is the spice powder recipe which can be made well ahead and stored for a quick tasty sambar preparation.
- 1 cup – Coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp – Split black gram / Ulunthu
- 1 tbsp – Bengal gram / Channa dhal / Kadalai paruppu
- 10 nos – Dried red chillies
- 1 tsp – Oil
- Heat oil in a pan, fry dried red chillies and set aside. Followed by coriander seeds, split black gram and bengal gram, fry until slightly golden brown or until it gives a nice aroma.
- Allow them to cool. Then grind all the items together in a mixer grinder to a smooth powder.
- Arachuvitta sambar powder is ready. Cool them and store it in an air tight container and use it for months.
- You can also use this powder for making brinjal dry curry, masala sundal, tindora curry etc.
- Always keep this powder in a airtight container otherwise you will lose the aroma from the powder.
- Adjust dried red chillies according to your spice level.