Vegetable bread roll is not only a snack but also good for our kids lunch box. Simple and yummy snack to have on rainy days.
- 4 slices – Bread (I used whole wheat bread)
- 1 tbsp – Oil / Ghee (for shallow frying)
- 1 tsp - Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1 pinch – Fennel seeds
- 1 no – Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 no – Potato (medium sized)
- 1 no – Carrot (chopped finely)
- 1 handful – Peas
- 1 tsp - Ginger garlic paste
- 1 pinch - Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp - Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp - Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp - Coriander leaves (chopped finely)
- Salt - as required
- Cook potato, carrot, peas in enough water until soft and tender. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with cumin seeds and fennel seeds. Add onion, ginger garlic paste along with required salt and saute slightly golden brown.
- Now add all the masala powders and fry for a second. Immediately add cooked vegetable and mix everything well together, saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves and now stuffing for roll is ready.
For making roll:
- Chop the edges of the bread and then roll it slightly using a rolling pin.
- Add the stuffing in the middle of the bread and add water at the edges and seal it (as shown in the picture).
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan, shallow fry bread rolls until slightly golden brown on both sides. Remove from heat and serve hot with ketchup.
- You can also bake this roll in the oven for 15 to 20 mins instead of shallow fry.
- You can also add vegetables of you choice.