Simple roast with eggplant or aubergine which is best accompaniment for white rice and dal.
Yields around 20 pieces
- 2 medium - Eggplant / aubergine (as shown in picture)
- 1/4 cup - Rice flour
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp - Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp - Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp - Oil (for marinating)
- Oil for shallow frying
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut eggplant in to thin slices as shown in picture. Set it aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add rice flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, oil, required salt and water, mix well to make a thick paste.
- Now add the sliced eggplant to the masala paste and mix well to coat, let it marinate for 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, shallow fry marinated eggplant until they are golden and crisp on both sides. Place them in paper towel and drain excess oil. Serve them with white rice and dal.
- Do not over fry eggplant. Keep the flame over medium flame and shallow fry.
- Eggplant slices should not be too thick or too thin.