Making delicious veggie pizza at home! sounds awesome. I prepared pizza at home with Onion, green pepper and tomato as topping, which was delicious and heavenly. Pizza crust was absolutely perfect and topping too was yummy, gave myself a pat on my back. Coming to the recipe, i have already posted homemade pizza dough recipe in my previous post and used that dough to make 3 yummy small pizzas.
Yields 3 small pizza or serve 4 to 5
- 1/2 cup – Tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup – Onion chopped
- 1 cup – Green capsicum / green pepper chopped
- Mozzarella cheese as needed (approximately 1 1/2 cup grated)
- Salt and pepper powder as needed
- Preheat the oven to 400 F / 200 C, grease the baking pan or pizza pan with olive oil and then dust it with all purpose flour. Keep it ready.
- Take prepared pizza dough and knead it nicely. Divide the dough into three small sized balls ( i made three small sized pizzas from this dough). you can use the whole dough to make a large pizza or even make two medium pizzas.
- Using rolling pin, flatten the pizza dough into disk of 1/4 inch thickness. Transfer rolled dough to the dusted pizza pan, press with hands and just create a border all the way around the pizza as shown in the picture. Poke the dough with fork and brush with olive oil all over pizza dough.
- Spoon enough tomato sauce or pizza sauce( about 2 to 3 tbsp) and top it with chopped onion, capsicum and tomato, if you wish you can sprinkle little Italian seasonings on top. Finally sprinkle mozzarella cheese as needed.
- Preheat oven for 400 F or 200 C, place prepared pizza in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly. Now turn the oven to broiler mode and broil it for just 2 minutes for a more crispy and nice top. Now repeat the same process for second and third pizza. Enjoy the hot hot pizza with your family.
- Before you put your pizza in the oven, spray the pan with a bit of olive oil, for a crisper end result. It also prevents it from sticking to the pan.
- For a more nice crisp top, broil the top of your pizza . Remember, keep an eye on it! Keep it in the broiler for about two minutes. This process will make a nice golden top.
- Always keep an eye on your pizza, so it doesn't burn.
- You may always choose desired toppings on the pizza.
- If the dough becomes very sticky add some more flour and also if the dough is not soft and a bit dry, then add some warm water.
- You may either make thick or thin crust as per your wish. I prepared slightly thick crust for first most pizza and remaining with thin crust. I preferred thin crust rather than thick crust.
- You may use Ragu pizza sauce as i did or else you may prepare your own tomato sauce (recipe here)