There are different ways of making coriander chutney. I tried lots of them and one of the bests is my mom’s way of making it.It is simple and easy one…..
- ½ punch - Coriander leaves
- 6 nos - Small onions(shallots)
- 2cloves – Garlic(medium sized)
- 1 inch – Ginger
- 1 or 2 – Green chili’s
- 1 blue berry size –Tamarind
- 3 tbsp – Coconut (grated)
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp - Oil
- 1 tbsp –Sesame oil
- 1tsp – Uluntham paruppu(urad dhal)
- ½ tsp – Mustard seeds (kaduku)
- 5 nos – Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan add 1/4tsp ulunthu, ginger, garlic, small onion, green chilies and coriander leaves fry until raw smell goes. Let it cool.
- Grind all the items along with coconut, tamarind and salt.
- Temper it with mustard seeds, split urad dhal(ulunthu), and curry leaves.