Homemade tortilla chips is a simple snack prepared with whole wheat or plain tortillas that goes well with any salsa. I prepared mango salsa as a combo for this tortilla chips.
Ingredients: yields - 24 chips
- 4 nos – Tortillas (whole wheat or plain- I used whole wheat)
- Salt to taste ( very little) (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges.
- Spread the tortilla wedges on a baking sheet. Bake the tortilla wedges for about 6 minutes, then use tongs to turn the wedges over.
- Sprinkle little salt, and bake for another 6 to 9 minutes, until they turn it to a slight golden brown color. Remove from the oven and let cool. Serve with any salsa, I served with mango salsa.
- There are three ways that we can make homemade tortilla chips. The first is the classic way, fried in a little oil. The second is to bake them in the oven like I did. The third is to bake them in the microwave. Oil fried tortilla chips tastes best (of course), but if we are in health conscious, we can bake them.
- I didn’t add any salt in this recipe but original recipe calls for little salt as mentioned above.
For mango salsa:
- 1 no ripe - Mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 no – Onion (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp - Fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 Tsp - Fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Simple and yummy salsa is ready.
- You can also add chopped avocado, cucumber in this recipe.