Grilled vegetable sandwich is a popular street food in Mumbai, India which was Bombay before so it is called as Bombay sandwich.
Serves : 2
- 4 nos – Bread ( i used whole wheat bread)
- 1 no – Potatoes (medium sized, boiled)
- 1 no - Cucumber (small)
- 1 no – Tomatoes (slice it)
- 1 no - Red onion (slice it)
- 1 tbsp – Mint chutney / green chutney
- 2 tsp – Butter
- Salt as needed
- Few pinches chaat masala spice mix
- Chop the boiled potatoes, cucumber, tomatoes, and onions into thin slices.
- Remove sides of bread with knife ( it is optional). Spread a 1/2 tbsp of green chutney on one side of bread and 1 tsp of butter on the other side of bread slice.
- Now start layer slices of potato, cucumber, tomato and onion over the green chutney. Sprinkle little chaat masala and salt on top. Cover them with a buttered slice of bread.
- Heat a panini grill, place sandwich on it and grilled, until you get nice grilled brown color on both sides. Continue the same procedure with rest of the bread slices and enjoy it.
- You can also serve these sandwiches with a little ketchup instead of chaat masala.
- You can have this sandwich as is it without grilling.
- I used whole wheat bread, you can use white bread instead.