Paneer green gravy / paneer coriander and mint gravy is a flavourful side dish prepared with paneer, coriander leaves and mint leaves. I am trying this recipe for the very first time and my family loved it. You can check my other paneer recipes in my blog here.
- 1 cup - Paneer cubes (approximately 25 to 30 pieces)
- 1 no - Onion (chopped)
- 1 no - Tomato (chopped)
- 1 or 2 nos - Green chillies (or as needed)
- 1 handful - Mint leaves / pudina
- 1 handful - Coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp - Poppy seeds / kasa kasa
- 1 1/2 tbsp - Curd / yogurt
- 1/4 tsp - Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp - Butter
- 1 tsp - Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 to 1 cup - Water
- Heat oil in a pan, add poppy seeds, chopped onion, tomato, green chillies, mint leaves, coriander leaves and turmeric powder, saute until they are well cooked. Allow them to cool completely.
- Transfer this sauteed mixture to a blender along with curd, grind them to a puree. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan, shallow fry paneer until golden brown in color. Then soak the fried paneer in a warm water, set aside.
- In the same pan, add little more butter and season with cumin seeds. Now add ground mixture along with required water and salt, bring it to boil. Finally add paneer and cook until you reach desired consistency. Serve with hot roti or rice.
- Do not over fry paneer otherwise it will become hard.
- Adding fried paneer in warm water helps paneer to stay soft for long time.
- You can increase or decrease number of green chillies as per your spice level.
- While grinding you can add little water if needed.