Pepper chicken fry is a spicy and tasty chicken that is prepared with freshly ground pepper. This is my favorite chicken dish that I ever love to prepare.
- 1/2 kg – Chicken pieces with bones (I used chicken thighs with bone)
- 1 no – Onion (big sized,chopped finely)
- 1 no – Tomato (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic paste
- 1 no – Green chilli
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp – Freshly ground pepper powder (as needed)
- 1/2 tsp – Red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp – Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 5 or 6 nos – Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt as needed
- 2 tbsp – Sesame oil
- 2 or 3 nos – Dry red chilli
- 1 small – Cinnamon stick
- 2 nos – Clove
- 1 tsp – Fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
- Cut chicken into big chunks and clean chicken pieces with little turmeric powder for 2 or 3 times in the water. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Add onion, green chilli along with required salt, saute until golden brown. Then add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes.
- Now add cleaned chicken pieces and saute for 3 or 4 mins or until water gets dry (chicken leaves some water). Then add tomatoes and saute for few second (no need cook completely).
- Then add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and pepper powder and saute until raw smell goes off.
- Now add fresh curry leaves and completely cook chicken until it gets dry. Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with white rice and chapattis.
- Always cut chicken in to big chunks for this kind of recipes.
- If possible marinate chicken with ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and red chilli powder for at least 30 mins before cooking.
- If you add a cup of water to this recipe, you will get pepper chicken gravy for chappathi.
- Dry red chilli, fresh curry leaves, freshly ground pepper are the main ingredients that gives lot of flavor in this recipe, so never forget to add these items.