Granola prepared with oats and honey as the main ingredients are incredibly easy to make at home. This recipe is a basic version of granola to which you can add any dried fruits, nuts, or any other tasty bits that make you happy.
Serves 3 to 4
- 2 cups – Oats (steel cut)
- 1/4 cup – Almonds and walnuts chopped
- 3 tbsp – Dried fruits (I used cranberry)
- 5 tbsp – Brown sugar
- 3 tbsp – Honey
- 1/4 tsp – Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp – Vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp – Oil / coconut oil / butter
- 1/8 tsp – Salt
- In a large bowl, add the oats, chopped almonds and walnuts, cinnamon, and salt and mix well to combine.
- Followed by honey, oil, brown sugar and vanilla essence and mix well until the oats are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the mixture in a thin, even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then stir and continue baking until the granola is very light golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes or more.
- Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and cool the granola to room temperature, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes. It will harden as it cools.
- Finally add the dried fruit to the granola and toss well to combine. Store the granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Allow granola to cool completely before adding dried fruits.
- Do not burn granola by over baking. Keep an eye on granola as it is baking.