Grilled cheese sandwich, a crunchy and crispy bread on the outside and gooey with cheese in the middle. It is one of the simplest and easiest meals ever. To achieve a golden, crusty outside and gooey inside takes time, so you have to be a little patient. Good for kids breakfast and even for lunch along with any fruits or juices of your choice.
- 4 slices – Bread ( I have used whole wheat bread)
- 1 tbsp – Butter ( I have used spreadable butter)
- 4 slices – Cheddar cheese
- 2 pinches - Pepper powder (optional)
- Dried parley as needed (optional)
- Spread butter on one side of bread slices and set it aside.
- Heat a skillet / pan over medium heat, place bread slice butter side down and add 2 slices of cheddar cheese on top (as shown in the picture), sprinkle little pepper powder and parley on top of cheese.
- Now place second bread slice butter side up on top of cheese. Grill the sandwich until lightly browned and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining 2 slices of bread, butter and cheese slices. Grilled cheese sandwich is ready.
- I have used cheddar cheese slice in this recipe, If you wish you may use any cheese of your choice. Also you may replace cheese slices with grated cheese.
- I have used whole wheat bread in this recipe, you may replace it with white bread also.
- Pepper powder and dried parley is completely optional. I have used it because sandwich looks colorful and tastes better.