Wish all moms a very Happy mother’s day. I prepared a simple eggless vanilla cake with home made butter cream frosting to post on mother’s day. This is the very first time I am preparing butter cream frosting at home and it came out very well. Here comes the recipe for the cake and butter cream frosting.
For making vanilla cake:
- 1 1/2 cup – All purpose flour or maida (sieve it twice)
- 1 cup – Plain yogurt / curd (at room temperature)
- 1 cup – Sugar
- 1/2 cup – Canola oil (any cooking oil)
- 1/2 tsp – Baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp – Baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp – Vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp – Sugar syrup (make syrup with 1 tbsp sugar and 3 tbsp water cook until sugar dissolves)
For butter cream frosting:
- 1/2 cup – Butter
- 2 cups – Icing sugar
- 2 tbsp – Milk (as needed)
- 1/2 tsp – Vanilla essence
Making of vanilla cake:
- Take a mixing bowl, add in sugar, yogurt and mix well until sugar dissolves. Then add baking powder and baking soda, once again mix well and set aside for 5 mins. You can see bubbles on it.
- Now add vanilla essence and canola oil, mix well. Then add all purpose flour little by little and mix well until batter becomes thick and creamy.
- Preheat oven for 350 F or 180 C, meanwhile place a butter paper in a cake pan and pour the batter to it and bake it for 30 to 35 mins. You can check it by inserting tooth pick, it should come out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan at least 15 minutes then remove the cake. Eggless vanilla cake is ready.
Making of butter cream frosting:
- Take a mixing bowl, add butter and beat with beater until soft. Add the icing sugar little by little and slowly incorporate it into the butter.
- Finally add milk and vanilla extract and continuously beat for 5-7minutes or until it reaches creamy consistency. More you beat more smoother the butter cream. Butter cream frosting is ready.
Decorating cake with frosting:
- Trim the cake both top and sides with a knife to make it even. Drizzle sugar syrup all over the cake. This will keep the cake moist for long time.
- Then apply butter cream frosting on the cake with a spatula. Spread it evenly all over the cake and allow it to dry for 30 minutes. When you touch, the icing should not stick to your finger.
- Now you can decorate it and make a design according to your wish. Eggless vanilla cake with butter cream frosting is ready.
- Once batter is ready, do not keep the batter outside for long time. Immediately place it in the oven for baking.
- If you want you butter cream frosting to be thin then you can add more milk while beating.
- You can increase or decrease sugar as per your taste.