Happy Valentine’s day, everyone. Milk pudding is a rich and delicious dessert prepared with milk, agar agar / china grass, almonds, cashew nuts and cardamom powder. Impress your loved one with this easy milk dessert on the valentine’s day.
Serves 5 to 6
- 2 cups – Milk ( I have used 2 %)
- 8 to 10 grams – Agar agar / china grass ( I have used strips)
- 1/2 cup – Sugar
- 8 to 10 no’s – Almonds
- 8 to 10 no’s – Cashew nuts
- 1/8 tsp – Cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup – Water (slightly warm)
- Dry grind almonds and cashew nuts into a coarse powder, keep it aside.
- Cut agar agar strips into small pieces and soak it in 1/2 cup of water or enough water to soak for 10 minutes or until use.
- Meanwhile, bring milk to boil, add sugar and mix well till sugar dissolves. Now add powdered almonds and cashew nuts, along with cardamom powder, mix well and continue boiling for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add soaked agar agar / china grass along with water, mix well and continue boiling till agar agar dissolve completely.
- Continue boiling for another 4 to 5 minutes until the mixture becomes slightly thick. Switch off the stove.
- Pour this mixture into moulds or any serving glasses, refrigerate for 30 minutes or until it sets well and serve.
- You may increase or decrease the quantity of sugar as per your taste. It is also depend on the type of sugar you are using. I am using organic sugar which is not very sweet, so I have used 1/2 cup of sugar that was just perfect.
- You may replace cardamom powder with vanilla essence, I preferred cardamom powder instead because of its nice aroma and taste.