Carrot chutney is a tasty, healthy and colorful chutney which goes very well with idly and dosai. I used to try different varieties of chutney for breakfast and dinner. One such chutney is carrot chutney.
- 2 nos – Carrot
- 3 tbsp – Coconut grated
- 4 or 5 – Dry red chilies
- 2 tbsp – Coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp – Peanuts
- 1 no – Tamarind (blueberry size)
- Salt as needed
- Water as needed for grinding
- 2 tsp – Oil
- ¼ tsp –Mustard seeds
- 5 nos – Curry leaves
- Peel carrot skin, grate it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add red chili and coriander seeds fry until slightly golden brown and keep it aside.In the same pan add little oil and fry grated carrot until it cooks completely. Allow them to cool.
- Grind all fried items along with the peanuts, grated coconut, tamarind and salt; grind it to a smooth paste
- Heat oil in pan, splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves and add this to ground carrot chutney.
- Serve with hot idly and dosai.