Simple fried rice prepared with spinach, carrot, beans and green peas. Best for lunch box for both adults and kids.
- 1 cup – Basmati rice
- 1/2 cup – Spinach (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup – Carrot (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup – Beans (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup – Green peas
- 1 1/2 tsp – Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp – Soy sauce (dark or light)
- 3 tbsp – Spring onion (chopped)
- 1 pinch – Sugar (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp – Oil
- Salt as needed
- Pepper powder as needed
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 30 mins. Pressure cook soaked rice (1 cup : 1 1/2 cup water) for 3 whistles or until well cooked. Allow them to cool completely and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, keep the flame over medium high throughout the preparations. Add ginger and garlic paste, saute until raw smell goes. Then add carrot, beans and green peas, saute until they are 3/4 done.
- Now add chopped spinach along with required salt and pepper powder, saute for few seconds. Then add soy sauce and a pinch sugar, mix well.
- Immediately add cooked rice and mix well everything. Check for salt and pepper powder, if needed add more. Finally garnish with chopped spring onion and toss well, serve hot.
- Rice should not be over cooked. You can use a day old rice or left over rice for this recipe.
- Do not over cook veggies, it should be slightly crunchy.
- You can also use 1/4 tsp of green chilli sauce while adding soy sauce. It is completely optional.