Carrot and potato masala is a simple and delicious side dish for white rice with sambar. I have tasted a slight variation of this fry at my friend’s place which I liked very much. So thought of trying and posting it here.
- 2 nos – Carrot (chopped finely)
- 2 nos – Potato (chopped finely)
- 1 no – Onion
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp – Red chilli powder
- Salt as needed
- 2 tsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Split black gram
- 4 or 5 nos – Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Add onion along with required salt and saute until golden brown.
- Add chopped carrot and potato; saute for few seconds. Cover with lid and cook until vegetables are 3/4 done.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder, saute till raw smell goes. Once vegetables are done, switch off the stove and serve hot with sambar, white rice.
- You can use this masala for stuffing samosa.