Tea plays an important role in our day to day life. After water, tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world. Tea has lot of health benefits like it contains antioxidants, has less caffeine than coffee, reduce risk of heart attack and stroke, protects bones, it is calories free. I love to have tea with rusk or less sweetened biscuits.
- 1 cup – Milk ( I used 2 % milk)
- 1/2 cup – Water
- 1 1/2 or 2 tsp – Tea powder (depends on the tea powder)
- 1/4 inch – Ginger
- 1 no – Cardamom
- 2 tsp – Sugar (as needed)
- Heat a pan, add in milk, water, tea powder, crushed ginger and cardamom, sugar and bring it to boil.
- Boil until frothy as shown in the picture. Now simmer the stove for 5 mins until you reach strongest and good tea color. Filter using a tea strainer and serve hot.
- Increase and decrease tea powder according to tea leaves strongness. Mine was little strong so I used 1 1/2 tsp of tea powder.
- You can add sugar at the last stage but I prefer using it in the beginning itself since it gives nice taste.