Kesari a popular Indian sweet can be prepared using few different ingredients like Sooji / Rava or vermicelli / Semiya. I have already posted rava kesari, pineapple kesari and now comes semiya kesari.
- 1 cup – Semiya / vermicelli
- 3/4 cup – Sugar
- 2 cups – Water
- 4 to 5 tbsp - Ghee
- 1/4 tsp – Cardamom powder
- 10 nos – Cashew nuts
- 10 nos – Raisins
- 2 to 3 pinches – Orange food color
- Heat a tbsp of ghee in a pan, roast cashew nuts and raisins till golden brown in color, keep aside.
- In the same pan, add a tsp of ghee and roast semiya till they are slightly golden brown in color. Then add 2 cups of water to it along with orange food color and bring it to boil.
- Once semiya is 3/4 done, add sugar and cardamom powder, allow them to cook over medium flame. Cook till semiya becomes soft and water is completely absorbed.
- Add remaining ghee, fried cashew nuts and raisins. Mix well thoroughly and serve it in a bowl.
- You can increase or decrease quantity of sugar as per your taste.
- I used thick semiya / vermicelli in this recipe so 2 cups of water in this recipe is must for semiya to cook well.
- If you use thin semiya / vermicelli, then use 1 1/2 or less water to cook.