Simple and healthy dosai prepared with green gram / pacha payaru.
- 1 cup – Green gram / pacha payaru
- 1/2 cup – Raw rice / idly rice
- 1/4 inch – Ginger
- 1 or 2 nos – Dry red chillies
- 1/2 no – Onion (Chopped finely)
- Few curry leaves (Chopped finely)
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Salt as needed
- Wash and soak green gram and rice for upto 6 hrs or overnight. Transfer soaked green gram and rice to a mixie/ blender along with ginger, dry red chillies and grind to a coarse paste like adai batter. Add required salt and allow them to ferment for at least 5 to 6 hrs.
- Now add chopped onion, curry leaves and a pinch asafoetida, mix well.
- Heat a dosa tawa and spread the batter like we make for adai dosai. Drizzle oil and cook on both the sides till golden brown.Serve hot with coconut or spicy tomato chutney.