Thalicha puli sadham is my mom’s special dish whenever there is leftover rice at home she will make this. After some time there will be no leftover puli sadham in the bowl. It always happens in my home and I hope you will also experience the same…
- 1 cup – Rice (I used boiled rice)
- 1 Lemon size- Tamarind (Puli)
- ¼ tsp- Turmeric
- 1 tsp – salt (or to taste)
- ¾ cup or less- water
- 1 tbsp- Gingelly oil (sesame oil)
- ½ tsp- Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp- Chana dhal
- 2 tbsp-Peanuts
- 2 no- Dry red chili
- 2 pinch- Asafoetida
- 5 no-Curry leaves
- Cook rice and spread it over a big plate. Let cool for a while. Meanwhile soak tamarind in (3/4 cup or less) water and squeeze of the pulp.
- Take a wide bowl, add tamarind juice, 1/4 tsp turmeric and salt mix well and finally add the cooked rice and marinate it for about ½ to 1 hour.
- Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds let it splitter then add chana dhal, Peanuts, red chili, asafoetida, and curry leaves.
- Finally add the marinated rice in to it and stir it until raw smell goes.