Chicken 65 is a popular starter in India which is prepared with boneless chicken and spices. Restaurant style soft, juicy and yummy chicken 65 can be prepared at home now.
Serves 3 to 4
- 1/2 kg – Chicken boneless
- 1 1/2 tsp – Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp – Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp – Pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp – Garam masala powder
- 3 tsp – Corn flour
- 3 tsp – Rice flour
- 2 tsp – Lemon juice
- 1 pinch – Orange food color
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash chicken pieces thoroughly with lemon juice and turmeric powder 3 to 4 times. Keep it aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add cleaned chicken pieces, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, garam masala powder, corn flour, rice flour, orange food color, lemon juice and required salt, mix well thoroughly and set it aside for 1/2 hr to 1 hr ( more time is also good).
- Heat oil in a frying pan, deep fry chicken pieces till it turns golden brown on both sides. Make sure you fry them over medium flame. Drain chicken pieces in a paper towel to remove excess oil. Yummy and juicy chicken 65 is ready.
- Do not over cook chicken for a long time otherwise it will become hard.
- Marinating chicken for 1/2 to 1 hour is very important for soft and juicy chicken. More you marinate more soft the chicken would be.
- Always wash chicken in lemon juice once or twice in order to avoid the stinky smell from chicken (kavuchi smell).
- Cook chicken pieces over medium flame and not in high flame.