Avocado sandwich is a healthy and yummy breakfast that is prepared with mashed avocado, garlic, onion, lemon juice and tomato.
- 4 slices – Whole wheat bread / white bread
- 1 no – Ripe avocado (peeled and seeded)
- 3 tbsp – Onion (chopped finely)
- 3 tbsp – Tomato (chopped finely)
- 1 clove – Garlic (chopped finely)
- 1/4 tsp – Lemon juice
- 1 tsp – Olive oil
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Butter (for toasting bread)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste
- Cut avocado into large chunks and mash coarsely in a bowl with a fork.
- Take a mixing bowl, add mashed avocado, chopped onion, tomato, garlic, coriander leaves, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper powder, mix well gently with a fork. Avocado stuffing is ready.
- Take avocado mixture and spread between two slices of bread. Apply butter on top of each bread and place the sandwich on grill. Toast bread until you get nice grilled brown color on both sides. Continue the same procedure with rest of the bread slices and enjoy it.
- Make sure the avocados are nice and ripe or they will be too hard to mash. Buy your avocado a few days before you need it and let it sit out on the kitchen counter.
- Do not cut the avocado until you are ready to make the sandwich. It needs the acid in the lime juice to keep it from turning brown.