Cauliflower patties are super easy, tasty and the perfect side dish for any meal. It is a shallow fried starter that goes well with tomato ketchup and sour cream. You may try baking this cute patties for healthier option instead of shallow frying. I hope you guys will give these Cauliflower patties a try! And let me know how you liked it!
Serves 4 to 5
- 2 cups – Cauliflower grated
- 1/4 cup – Oats (powdered)
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic (chopped finely)
- 1/8 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Red chilli powder or as needed
- 1 tsp – Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp – Garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp – Roasted cumin powder
- 2 to 3 tbsp – Spring onions (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp - Oil for tempering
- Oil for shallow frying
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion and ginger garlic, saute until translucent. Followed by grated cauliflower and required salt, saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and cumin powder, saute until raw smell goes.
- Followed by spring onions and powdered oats, mix well thoroughly and saute for few seconds, switch off the stove and allow them to cool completely.
- Shape this mixture into round or oval shaped patties. Shallow fry until they are slightly browned. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or any chutney.
- Keep flame in medium and very gentle while shallow frying cutlet.
- You may deep fry this cutlet instead of shallow frying.
- You may increase or decrease the quantity of red chilli powder as per your spice level.
- If you find it difficult to shape the patties, try adding extra oat powder until you succeed.