- 1 cups – Gram flour (Besan/Kadalai maavu)
- 1/4 cup - Rice flour (arisi maavu)
- 2 nos – Onion (sliced lengthwise)
- 2 or 3 nos – Green chili (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Ginger (Minced)
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds (Seeragam)
- 1 pinch – Carom seeds(ajwain/omam- crushed)
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida (perungayam/hing)
- 1 pinch – Baking soda
- 5 or 6 nos - curry leaves
- Salt as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- Take a bowl add very thin sliced onions, green chilies, ginger, curry leaves and salt mix well.
- In another bowl add gram flour,rice flour,cumin seeds,baking powder,carom seeds,asafoetida now add the onion mixture mix well if need sprinkle water and mix well again till you get a crumbly texture. Don’t add too much water.
- Heat oil and deep fry till it turns golden brown. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or coconut chutney.