- 1 cup - Soya chunks
- 1 no – Onion (medium sized,chopped finely)
- 1 cup – Potato (boiled and mashed)
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Red chili powder( as needed)
- 1/2 tsp - Garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp -Coriander leaves
- Oil for deep fry
- Salt as per taste
For outer layer:
- 3 tbsp – Maida
- 4 tbsp – Breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch – Salt
- Water as needed for coating
- Wash and boil soya chunks in water for 5 mins.Once done soak cooked soya chunks in cold water for 2 mins and squeeze out the water, do it twice to get rid of the soya smell. Cut soya chunks in to a very small pieces and keep it aside.
- Take a mixing bowl ,add mashed potatoes, soya chunks, chopped onion, cumin seeds,coriander leaves, red chili, garam masala powder, required salt and mix well.
- Shape this mixture into round or oval shaped patties. Dip first in the maida mixture (mix maida in water with a pinch of salt.consistency should be watery) and then the bread crumbs;coat well on both the sides. Deep fry until nicely browned.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or any chutney
- You can also grind/pulse soya chunks in mixer grinder.
- Make sure you keep the flame in medium so that the stuffs inside also gets cooked well.
- You can also pan toast this instead of deep frying.