This is one of the delicious evening snacks for your family. It is a customized version of regular onion pakoda.
- 1 cup-Gram flour (besan)/kadalai maavu
- 1 tbsp-Rice flour
- 2 pinch -Baking soda
- ½ tsp-Salt (or to taste)
- 2 tsp- Butter
- 1 cup-Cabbage (finely chopped)
- 1 no-Green chilli (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp-Ginger (finely minced)
- 1 tsp-Cumin seeds
- 2 pinch- Turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp- Red chilli powder
- 4 nos-Curry leaves (finely minced)
- 2 stks- Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup- Water (approx)
- 5 cup- Oil (for deep frying)
- Take a deep bowl, mix soda and butter to make a creamy texture. Then add, gram flour, rice flour, turmeric, red chili powder, salt, chopped cabbage, green chilies, ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves and cumin seeds.
- Sprinkle water and mix to combine everything without leaving any lumps. The consistency should be thicker than dosai batter. Meanwhile heat oil and keep it ready on medium flame.
- Take a handful of the batter and simply pinch a portion of it at a time in the hot oil. Fry until it looks golden brown on the outside. Serve it with coconut chutney as a side.