Channa Masala is chickpea gravy cooked in a spicy Onion &tomato gravy. Best side for Poori /Bhatura and Chapatti.
- 1 cup – Channa / Kondai kadalai
- 1 no – Onion
- 1 no – Tomato
- 1tsp – Ginger & garlic paste
- 1 no – Green chili
- 1 tsp – chole masala (optional)
- 2 tsp – Red chili powder
- 2 tsp – Coriander powder
- ¼ tsp – Garam masala powder
- ¼ tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp –Butter/ghee
- ¼ tsp – Fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp – cumin seeds
- Soak the channa dhal overnight and pressure cook for up to 5 whistles or until it cooks.
- Coarsely grind ½ onions and one tomato in the mixer grinder and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a pan, add cumin and fennel seeds and then add the remaining ½ chopped onion, crushed ginger, garlic and green chillies. Fry them until translucent and add the ground onion and tomato paste and cook for a while.
- Add all masala powders like turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, chole masala (option), garam masala and salt.
- Add the cooked channa masala along with 2 cups of water and let it cook for a while.Once it is done add the chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with poori/chapatti or bhatura.