Fish is an excellent source of protein, a vital source of essential fatty acids and contains a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. It is also low in calories which makes it perfect for any healthy diet.
- 10 pieces – Tilapia fish
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp – Rice flour
- 2 tsp – Red chili powder (as needed)
- 1/2 tsp – Pepper powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp – Olive oil (for marinating)
- Salt as needed
- Oil for shallow fry
- Take a wide bowl, mix ginger garlic paste, rice flour, red chili powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, olive oil, lemon juice and salt to form a thick paste. If needed sprinkle little water.
- Wash fish and apply masala paste to both sides of the fish. Set it aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a tawa, place fish and shallow fry over medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip over to the other side and let it fry for few minutes or until it turns golden brown. Repeat the same process for the remaining pieces adding oil if necessary.
- Once it is cooked; switch off the stove and serve hot with white rice and curry or rasam.
- I used tilapia(boneless,skinless) fish but you can use any variety of fish.