Bajji is a popular south Indian snack which can be made quickly. During winter season we really want to eat something hot in the evening. Potato bajji is one of the best evening snacks for the season.
- 1 no – Potato (Big one)
- 1/2 cup – Besan flour (kadalai maavu)
- 1 tbsp – Rice flour
- 1/2 tsp – Red chilli powder (as per taste)
- 1 pinch – Baking soda
- 2 pinch – Crushed ajwain (omam)
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash and slice potato into circles with skin. Keep it aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add besan, rice flour, red chilli powder, baking powder, crushed ajwain, asafoetida and required salt; mix well by adding little water to dosa batter consistency.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, dip each potato slices in a besan flour mix and fry until it is golden brown on both sides.
- Now potato bajji is ready. Serve hot with any chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Bajji mix should not be thick or too watery.