Ragi pakoda is a simple and tasty dish that can be made in no time. Ragi is a best food for weight control, diabetes and cooling the body. I remember those days when we come from school, my mom used to make ragi pakoda for evening snack.
- 2 cups – Ragi flour /finger millet flour
- 2 nos – Onion (chopped finely)
- 3 or 4 nos – Green chillies (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Ginger grated
- 1 tbsp - Curry leaves (chopped)
- Salt as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- Take a mixing bowl, add ragi flour, chopped onion, green chillies, grated ginger, curry leaves and required salt, mix well. Then add little amount of water to make thick dough( see the picture).
- Heat the oil in frying pan, add the ragi mixture little by little (like small ball) and deep fry them on medium heat till dark brown or crispy. Drain the excess oil and serve hot with chutney or ketchup.