Karandi omelette is an egg omelette prepared using Thalippu karandi. This is a popular dish at my native place Theni. Thalippu karandi is a long handle iron pan we use to temper chutneys and gravies. Making an omelette in an iron pan adds more taste to it. Also if we eat this hot omelette in a banana leaf will add an amazing flavor to the dish. Let me take you to the recipe now.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 2 nos – Egg
- 1/4 cup – Sambar onion (chopped finely)
- 1 or 2 nos – Green chillies (chopped finely)
- 1 pinch – Turmeric powder
- 2 pinches – Pepper powder
- 2 tsp – Oil
- Salt as needed
- Take a mixing bowl, add eggs and beat it nicely for few seconds, then add chopped onion, green chillies, turmeric powder and required salt. Mix everything well together and set aside.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a thalippu karandi, pour a laddle of egg mixtures and cook for few seconds. Add little pepper powder then turn gently to the other side and cook thoroughly. continue the same with rest of the egg mixture.
- Tasty karandi omelette is ready. Serve hot in a banana leaf if you can.