Chilli bajji /Milagai bajji is one of the popular street side snacks in India. There are many variations to it. This is a simple version of it. I will try to post the other variations over the time.
- 5 nos – Long green chilies (as shown in pic)
- 1 cup – Besan flour/ Kadalai Maavu
- 1/4 cup - Rice Flour
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1 pinch – Baking soda
- 2 pinches – Asafoetida
- Salt as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash and slit green chillies lengthwise, remove seeds carefully. Keep it aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add besan, rice flour, red chilli powder, baking soda, asafoetida and required salt; mix well by adding little water to a dropping consistency.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, dip each green chilli in the besan flour mix and fry until it is golden brown.
- Now spicy chilli / milagai bajji is ready. Serve hot with any chutney of your choice or tomato ketchup.
- You don’t have to remove the seeds from chillies if they are not spicy.
- Bajji mix should not be thick or too watery.