Paneer tikka is an Indian dish made from chunks of paneer marinated in spices and grilled in a tandoor or oven. It is a vegetarian alternative to chicken tikka and other meat dishes. It is a popular dish that is widely available in India. Paneer tikka traditionally served with mint chutney.
- 20 big chunks – Paneer
- 1/2 cup – Red bell pepper (cut into big chunks)
- 1/2 cup – Green bell pepper (cut into big chunks)
- 1 no – Onion ( cut into big chunks)
- 3 tbsp – Thick curd
- 1/2 tsp – Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp – Tandoori masala
- 1/2 tsp – Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp – Garam masala powder
- 1/8 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Lemon juice
- Salt as needed
- Few wooden skewer
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for at least one hour before baking, which prevents burning of the skewers.
- Take a mixing bowl, add thick curd, ginger garlic paste, tandoori masala, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice and required salt, mix well.
- Add paneer cubes and mix well to coat. Keep it aside and marinate for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C, meanwhile arrange the paneer,capsicum and tomato in the skewers as shown in the picture. Bake them for 13-15 minutes or until the paneer starts browning. Paneer tikka is ready for serving.
- It is very important to soak wooden skewer in the water otherwise it will get burn. Do not skip this step.
- Do not over bake paneer because it will become stiff and rubbery.
- You can also use tawa for making this recipe. It also taste good as oven baked paneer tikka.