Tofu and vegetables are marinated and grilled with mediterranean style dressing that was tasting delicious. Very simple and healthy recipe that you can prepare in no time. I am not a big fan of tofu but I really liked this kebabs very much. Give a try and you will also like it.
Serves 3 to 4
- 1/2 pack (around 20 cubes) – Tofu (Extra firm tofu)
- 1/2 no – Capsicum
- 1/2 no – Zucchini
- 1/2 no – Onion
- 1/2 no – Tomato
- 2 tbsp – Olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp – Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp – Oregano dried
- 1/4 tsp – Rosemary dried
- Salt and pepper powder as needed
- Soak wooden BBQ skewers in water for 1 hours and set it aside.
- Pat dry tofu thoroughly and cut into cubes as shown in the picture, set it aside.
- Cut onion, zucchini, capsicum and tomato into equal sized chunks, set it aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, rosemary, required salt and pepper, mix well thoroughly.
- Use half of the olive oil dressing to tofu and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining olive oil dressing to vegetables and toss together.
- Now take the skewers, fill it with tofu and vegetables (alternating tofu with vegetables) until skewer is full.
- Grill kebabs in a grill pan / griller over medium high heat. Brush it with leftover olive oil dressing, turning occasionally. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes and serve immediately.
- I have used panini making grill to grill this yummy kebabs.
- Marinating tofu helps to increase the flavour and get rid of bland smell from it.