Green chicken is prepared by marinating boneless chicken with ground green masala and baked in an oven. You may serve it with mayonnaise or any side dish of your choice.
Serves 3 to 4
- 1/2 kg – Boneless chicken
- 1 handful – Coriander leaves
- 1 handful – Mint leaves
- 2 to 3 no's – Green chillies (or add as per your spice level)
- 2 cloves – Garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp – Ginger (chopped)
- 2 tbsp – Yogurt / curd
- 1 tbsp – Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp – Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp – Sesame oil ( or use any oil of your choice)
- Salt to taste
- Wash chicken thoroughly for 3 to 4 times and keep it aside.
- Soak wooden BBQ skewers in water for 1 hours and set it aside.
- Take a blender, add coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies, garlic and ginger, grind it to fine paste by adding very little water (only if required).
- Take a mixing bowl, add chicken, ground green paste, yogurt, garam masala powder, coriander powder, sesame oil and required salt, mix well thoroughly and set it aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Now take the skewers, fill it with marinated chicken (as shown in the picture) until skewer is full.
- Preheat oven for 350 F or 180 for 10 minutes, cook on both side for 10 to 15 minutes or until it is well cooked. Brush it with leftover marination, turning occasionally. Serve immediately.
- Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken strips.
- You may increase or decrease number of green chillies as per your spice level.
- Do not over cook chicken for long time otherwise it will become hard.