Chicken drumstick masala, slow cooked in a spicy onion masala, one of the easiest and delicious recipe prepared with chicken drumstick. It tastes great with Pulao, biryani or even with roti.
Serves 2 to 3
Serves 2 to 3
- 5 to 6 no’s – Chicken drumstick / Chicken leg pieces
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Red chilli powder (or add as needed)
- 1 1/2 tsp – Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp – Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp – Pepper powder
- 1 tbsp – Yogurt / curd
- 1 tsp – Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves chopped
- 10 no’s – Fresh curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 3 to 4 tbsp – Oil (for sautéing)
- 1 tsp – Oil
- 1 no – Onion (chopped)
- 3 to 4 clove – Garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 inch – Ginger (chopped)
- Handful of mint leaves
- Wash the chicken drumsticks/ leg piece thoroughly and make slits all over, keep it aside.
- Heat a tsp of oil, add onion, garlic, ginger and mint leaves, saute until they are 3/4 cooked. Allow them to cool completely and grind them to a fine paste.
- Take a mixing bowl, add chicken drumstick, onion masala paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder, curd, lemon juice and required salt, mix well thoroughly and allow it to marinate for 30 min to 1 hr.
- Heat 3 to 4 tbsp of oil, add marinated chicken drumstick and saute for 5 to 10 minutes over medium or low flame. Cover with a lid and let it cook for 10 minutes. Check occasionally.
- Continue to cook until oil oozes out and chicken is well cooked. Garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves, mix well thoroughly and serve hot.
- You may increase or decrease the quantity of red chilli powder and pepper powder as per your spice level.
- You may sprinkle a little water here and then to avoid burning of chicken. Do not add more water. But I did not add any water in this recipe.
- Cooking over low or medium flame helps the chicken to cook well inside too and also tastes best.