Paneer aloo cutlet or paneer potato patties are prepared with grated paneer, mashed potatoes and spices. Serve it with any chutney of your choice or ketchup and hot tea.
Yields: 10 to 12 cutlets
- 1 1/2 cup - Grated paneer
- 2 nos - Potato (medium sized)
- 1 no - Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp - Ginger (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp - Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp - Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp - Garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp - Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp - Oil
- Wash and cook potatoes in enough water until they are soft and well cooked. Remove skin and mash it up.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with cumin seeds, add onion and ginger chopped, saute until they are golden brown in color.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder along with required salt, saute until raw smell goes off.
- Add mashed potatoes and cook for 2 mins. Then add grated paneer and once again mix well. Check for salt, add if needed, switch off the stove and garnishing with coriander leaves.
- Make a lemon sized ball and press in the middle with your palm, shape it like a cutlet. Any shape you like circle, heart, oval etc.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame, shallow fry all the cutlets until they are slightly golden brown on both sides. Paneer aloo cutlets are ready. Serve with any chutney or ketchup and hot tea.
- Keep flame in medium and very gently while shallow frying cutlets.
- You can keep uncooked paneer aloo cutlets in refrigerator because cold patties will stay together during frying. The patties can be made several hours ahead.