I used to make sambar with zucchini, but i want to make patties for my sandwich and that was in my wish list for long time. We can have this patties as a evening time snack or as a stuffing for making veg sandwich.
Zucchini is one of the very low calorie vegetables. It is a good source of potassium, an important intra-cellular electrolyte. Potassium is a heart friendly electrolyte and helps bring the reduction in blood pressure and heart rates by countering pressure-effects of sodium.
In addition, they contain moderate levels of B-complex group of vitamins like thiamin, pyridoxine, riboflavin and minerals like iron, manganese, phosphorus, and zinc. Source: www.nutrition-and-you.com
Yields: 8 to 10 patties
- 1 no - Zucchini (grate it)
- 1/2 cup - Carrot grated
- 1 medium - Potato (boil and mash it)
- 1 no - Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp - Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp - Red chilli powder (or add as needed)
- 1/4 tsp - Garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp - Cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp - Corn flour
- 2 tbsp - Coriander leaves (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Wash and grate zucchini, place it in a colander and add little salt to it. Toss to combine and set aside for at least 30 minutes. Squeeze the water out of zucchini and set it aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add zucchini, carrot, mashed potato, onion, ginger garlic paste, corn flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, cumin seeds, coriander leaves and required salt , mix well into soft dough.
- Make lemon sized balls and press in the middle with your palm, shape it like a patties as shown in the picture.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame, shallow fry all the patties until they are slightly golden brown on both sides. Serve with any chutney or ketchup and hot tea.
- Keep flame in medium and very gently while shallow frying patties.
- You can keep uncooked zucchini patties in refrigerator because cold patties will stay together during frying. The patties can be made several hours ahead.