This menu shares a typical South Indian variety meal / variety lunch, specially prepared at the time of / festival / pooja offerings, which includes tamarind rice / puliyodharai, curd rice, sweet pongal / sakkarai pongal, uluntha vadai. I prepared this menu at the time of “Thai pongal festival” and the whole family enjoyed it.
Here is the link for the recipes:
- Tamarind rice / Kovil puliyodharai / Temple style puliyodharai
- Curd rice / Thayir sadham
- Sakkarai pongal / Sweet pongal
- Uluntha vadai / medhu vadai / dal vada
- You may prepare lemon rice / coconut rice / sesame seed rice instead of tamarind rice.
- You may prepare Kadalai paruppu vadai in place of medhu vadai.